The story of relief circles
This original artwork by Louise Harris is created from recycled aluminum which is crafted into whatever abstract idea that emerges in the moment, using color and dimension to capture the simplicity and intrigue of each piece. By layering these intricate webs of discarded metal, a whole new purpose is born. Each one-of-a kind piece is more than a work of art, it is art with intention. All proceeds are given directly to charities around the world.
I truly stumbled into the art world by accident. Having no formal training, education or background, I often say that the art actually found me. I have been making green art for over 10 years and started doing art shows and retail in 2008. My intention when designing each one-of-a-kind piece is to inspire one's imagination to see the endless possibilities and images that exist amongst the shadows.
I am incredibly blessed to have a fulfilling career separate from artwork which grants me the privilege of donating all the profits from the art. The experience of sharing stories and being part of something bigger is what makes creating each piece so rewarding. Therefore, anyone who purchases an LH Original is bringing a little bit of hope and joy in the lives of others, and the endless possibilities extend even further than what lies within the art itself.
I invite you to be part of the story.
Recognition & Press
- Minneapolis Star Tribune April 16, 2016
- Best of Show Wayzata Art Experience - June 2014
- Edina Magazine Edina, Minnesota - June 2014
- KSTP Morning Show June 6, 2014
- American Craft Magazine April/May 2014
- Twin Cities Live April 18, 2014
- American Craft Council Documentary May 2013
- Fox 9 News Weekend Edition April 2013
- American Craft Magazine April/May 2013
- Minneapolis Institute of Art Minneapolis, Minnesota - August 2012
- Featured Artist Finalist Edina Art Fair - June 2012
- Edina Magazine Edina, Minnesota - July 2011
- Kare 11 Morning Show Minneapolis Minnesota - April 2011
- Twin Cities Live Minneapolis Minnesota - June 2010
- Dwell Design Minneapolis, Minnesota - June thru October 2010
- Award of Merit Edina Art Fair - June 2009
- Design Within Reach Minneapolis, Minnesota - March thru September 2008